True dry steam reaches deep into wood pores where hot water or chemicals cannot, making steam a much more effective way to remove yeast genera such as Brettanomyces from wooden barrels.
Steam at a constant high temperature is proven to eliminate yeast and bacteria from various surfaces using little amount of water and no chemicals.
- Reduced water and chemical consumption
- No waste water runoff or overspray
- Chemical-free sanitation
- Increased sanitation (penetrates through wood)
- Save time and effort
- Deodorize and sterilize surfaces
- Clean hard to reach nooks and crannies
- Clean and sanitize barrels, tanks and bottles
- Remove bacteria, yeast, molds and fungi
- Clean and sanitize conveyor belts, processing machineries and equipment
- Use with CIP, SIP, COP and SOP systems
- Clean around facilities (floors, grout, windows, tasting areas) without overspray
The Optima Steamer is ideal for the wine industry, making cleaning operations throughout the facility simple and more effective.
The Optima Steamer generates dry saturated steam and superheated steam by using as little as 4.3 gallons of water per hour (continuous steaming).
Compared to a typical pressure washer or wet steamer, using the Optima Steamer will cut the water consumption to a fraction of the amount.
More importantly, using dry steam will result in little to no wastewater. Treating wastewater with a high BOD level can be a costly venture. Using dry steam to clean and sanitize around the facility will save wineries not only money and time, but also increase sanitation efficacy.